1-561-514-0900 FREE CONSULTATION

Non-Florida Residents as Estate Administrators and Personal Representatives

Can someone who lives outside of Florida administer a Florida estate? Can they be appointed as personal representative of the Florida estate? Well, you can if you’re related by blood or marriage. We have a specific rule about that in the Florida Probate Code. But there is one caveat. If you’re a felon, you cannot be a personal representative.