1-561-514-0900 FREE CONSULTATION

What Do You Do If You Have Not Received a Trust Accounting in Years?

What do you do if you haven’t received any accounting details from your trustee or didn’t realize you were entitled to them?

Your Florida trustee has not completed an accounting in years, what do you do? Hello my name is John Pankauski, I’m a trust litigation attorney with Pankauski Hauser in downtown West Palm Beach.
Let’s say you’re the beneficiary of a Florida trust and for years, you didn’t know you were entitled to rights and accounting and you didn’t know that your trustee was supposed to give you an accounting every year. What do you do? Talk to a probate litigation lawyer whose used to try and cases and handling appeals involving trust accountings. You can also read their case from 2015 to talk about the right to get an accounting, a trust accounting in general and under what circumstances you may or may not be able to get prior-years trust accounting.
The case is Corya v Sanders. It is a 2015 case from Florida’s Fourth District Court of Appeal. The citation is 155 Southern 3rd 1279.