1-561-514-0900 FREE CONSULTATION

Getting Out of a Florida Order or Decree

If you’re involved in a Florida lawsuit and a judgment has been entered, you may have some challenges. Everybody knows you have 30 days to appeal that judgment, but can you also seek to or try to get released from that judgment? Well, you can, under the Florida Rule of Civil Procedure 1.540 (b). That particular Florida Rule of Civil Procedure permits, under very limited circumstances, an attempt to ask the court to set aside that order or judgment.

You’re actually asking the court to grant you relief from that order or judgment. The Shah case was just decided, March 6th, 2019 by Florida’s Fourth District Court of Appeal.

If you want to learn more about this Florida Rule of Civil Procedure, or asking a court to grant you relief from a judgment, read the Shah case online for free.