Adult Guardianship in Florida
5 Questions to ask Before you File for an Adult Guardianship
Florida Probate Attorney John Pankauski discusses Guardianship Litigation in Florida and things you should know before you file:
- Understand if the person can actually manage their affairs
- If the person is in incapacitated, is there a less restrictive alternative?
- Is there a power of attorney who can help protect the ward
- Is there a living trust or irrevocable trust that can manage the ward’s properties
- A Florida Judge will always try and have the ward’s best interests in mind when making a decision on guardianship.